GauchoSpace Course Management System
GauchoSpace is the preferred course management system supporting learning and teaching at UCSB.
GauchoSpace supports lectures, discussion sections and groups with the following tools:
- Information delivery (files, website links, text and web pages)
- Communication with section groups, TAs, and individual students (News Forum, PeachMail)
- Mid-quarter feedback on instruction (Feedback tool)
- Quizzes (Quiz tool)
- Assignments (online assignment upload/s, online text)
- Discussion (live Chat, threaded discussion topics using Forum tool)
- Collaborative peer writing and editing (wiki, discussion forums)
- Student opinion polls (Choice tool)
Need training or help with Gauchospace?
If you are a UCSB instructor or that has never used GauchoSpace, you are required to complete an Orientation to GauchoSpace training session, either online or in person. (TAs please refer to GauchoSpace for TAs.)
Register to take the online training here. Face-to-face training sessions are offered at the beginning and end of each quarter. The most current schedule is:
Wed, 2017/03/15, 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM, Seminar Room (Phelps 1514) Tue, 2017/03/28, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, Digital Editing Lab (Kerr Hall 1126) Mon, 2017/04/03, 01:00 PM - 02:30 PM, Digital Editing Lab (Kerr Hall 1126) Click Here To Register for a Face-to-Face Workshop
- go to the Collaborate Faculty Resource Center in Kerr Hall 1110 (Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm)
- submit an online Help Request
- refer to the GauchoSpace FAQ.
Extension Instructors: please contact Kim DeBacco for training, (805) 893-4943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.